Saturday, April 18, 2009

Her

I met her a few months ago,
And what a charming woman she seemed.
She strode cheerfully into my life,
Abrupt, her shine dimmed.

First glance, she was kind,
All smiley and positive and cheerful.
She mingled herself with all of us,
Alas, she was wonderful.

Second glance, and there she was,
Striding down the hall.
With her high heels clanking against the floor,
Reverberating, the crisp sound on the wall.

Third glance, I noticed her hair,
Fierce, wild and dry.
Like twigs bundled up with dried weeds,
Flammable, they seemed, in my eye.

Fourth, fifth and the sixth time's glance,
I started to hate her style.
Overly sensitive and condescending,
Sinister, she smiled her smile.

As for all the glances then after,
Her flaws multiplied like fleas.
Her popularity plunged very quickly,
Oblivious, was she.

Her perpetual need for attention,
Her easily challenged dignity,
Together with her detestable aura,
Tortured, was my sanity.

Ink stained fingers,
Piercing, demanding glare.
Questions are forbidden,
Caution! And beware!

Write a word,
Strike a pose.
This is her signature move.
Annoying, is what she did the the most!

Yet, beneath her skin and flesh,
Is a very troubled girl.
Her soul was like a hurricane,
Wind-blown, was her world.

Oft-times she shared a bit too much,
Leaving us perplexed and puzzled.
She had to know some things are personal,
Shocking, when revealed.

She is like a volcano,
All pressure sealed tight in.
Bit by bit the seal loosened,
Released, was the wrath within.

She really need to take some rest,
Probably even sabbatical.
To clear her mind, to cleanse her soul,
Solved, must be everything mental.

Sadly, I am stuck with her,
No place to run, no place to go.
I hope she could change for the better,
Nostalgic, was I of her a few months ago!

5 comments:

  1. To Sarah:
    Ya, haih...

    To Athira:
    Of course you know her:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know her but I have heard about her haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. she's not that bad. Recently i think she's been doing quite well actually. Haha. Nice rhyming by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete