Friday, January 9, 2009

I met my Blog for the first time in my life...

Oh well, I have to create a blog for EAP this year, and so, here I am, posting my first composition. I never imagined myself creating a blog, because to me, a blog is only for those who have too much free time. It is a new thing for me and I want to befriend 'blogging'. I hope that this blog will still continue even after this course is finished. Therefore, first off, "Hi my Blog! Nice to meet you!"

First things first, where do I read and study? I prefer a quiet place with no distraction of any kind because I am a very sound sensitive person who will get distracted easily when people talks, or even mumble or murmur. I used to study in my room back in my hometown, but now that I am in Kuala Lumpur, I do most of my studies in the library. However, studying in the library is not optimum as the best time for me to study is between 2000hrs and 2200hrs, in which the library is closed. hence, I am now kind of tossing around my study time, partly during the night and partly during the day.

I have to say that my concentration span is quite long, so I can study around 2 hours straight without a break. And the breaks are normally for answering nature's call, or because I can no longer feel my legs. When it comes to doing my assignments, however, I have to admit that I cannot multitask, or I will produce a lousy work, which irritates and frustrates me. Therefore, to me, the best reward is a high mark for my tests or assignments. I do enjoy some luxury like good food or a night's out, burden-free, though.

Now, lets talk (or type) about my first week for a new semester. The first day, which is the so-called orientation day, was a total waste of time. I do not know why, but the school authority won't let us off even though we heard all the talks before. After hours of soporific talks, the day finally ended and I gave a sigh of relief. On the second day, I had my first test already! I do not know how it went but I think the idea of my answers are scrambled. Then, I had Physics and Applicable Mathematics lectures. Both were quite interesting actually, as the two lecturers teach with totally different styles, with the former's clear and gripping while the latter's smooth as silk.

On the third day, I had Chemistry and Economics. To sum up the first lecture on Chemistry, I have to say that it is a combination of Geography, English, Mathematics and Economics among other things. The only chemistry I see is between the lecturer and the whiteboard. As for Economics, albeit it failed to charm me last semester, I think I am going to love it this year as the lecturer is not boring at all (at least for the first lecture). I had English the next day, which immediately mentally prepared the whole class for a plethora of assignments, and they are only for this semester. Well, that's basically the first lectures of each subject I had this week. Nothing very interesting happened.

PS: for the 'appalling' figurative speech, I think it would be: Dreams are like soap bubbles. When you look at it afar, it is beautiful; when you look at it too closely, it pops and leaves your eyes stinging.

1 comment:

  1. No, when u look closely at it, you 'll see
    own image.
    Knowing that you are still you , so better get your ass on and work harder for your dreams.

    Dreams are always beautiful and it is most beautiful when one works hard to achieve it.

    ^^

    ReplyDelete